IT Coordinator External
The External IT Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance and support of business systems utilized by all business locations at our client sites. The primary focus of the External IT Coordinator will be the support of technology related hardware and software at all locations.
- Assist in managing the incoming requests for assistance to the Technology Help Desk.
- Provide help desk and desk side support for end-user questions/issues with the technology.
- Support all company sites with the selection, implementation, training, and maintenance of technology.
- Assist in the acquisition and deployment of network, server, telecommunication, desktop, laptop, and related hardware devices to all locations.
- Deploy, upgrade, and maintain production, test, and development networks and systems.
- Administer data retention and security systems (backups, redundancy, intruder prevention, passwords, etc.).
- Conduct site surveys to analyze and document current configurations making upgrade recommendations as needed.
- Provide user training on the utilization of desktop applications including Microsoft Windows OS, MS Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook Web Access, VPN Connectivity, and other systems & applications.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school graduate (Bachelor’s degree preferred) plus technology certification or equivalent professional business experience.
- 2 Years experience implementing and managing Microsoft Windows Server Technology.
- 2 Years experience supporting recent versions of Microsoft OS and Office Systems.
- 2 Years experience deploying Desktop Systems in a networked environment.
- Experience with the selection, implementation, and administration of networking equipment
and Windows based servers is highly desired.
- Experience administering and maintaining email and telecommunication systems is a plus.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2007 and newer
- Networking experience is a must (Firewall configuration and network design)
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Friendly professional demeanor and positive attitude to help.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of representing the IT Department in diverse situations (user training, project meetings, budget planning discussions, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Visio.
- High skill with Microsoft desktop operating systems is required; knowledge of Unix/Linux is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft servers including 2003, 2008, and small business; experience managing users in an AD environment is required.
- Skilled in the installation, configuration, and management of third party applications pertaining to anti-spyware, anti-virus, system backup, and business productivity.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can use ping, trace route, nslookup, etc.; understands basic routing concepts.
- Familiarity with mobile connectivity including VPN, remote access, and mobile devices.
- Experience managing networked print/copy environments.